DetailsHigh Performance with Flexible Deployments
The Cisco Nexus 3524 Switch, part of the Unified Fabric Family, is well suited for mainstream top-of-rack (TOR) data center deployments. It offers wire-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with a comprehensive feature set, including Algo Boost technology, and ultra-low latency. All comes in a compact, cost effective, 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor.
Features and Capabilities
Algo Boost technology allows the Cisco Nexus 3524 to achieve exceptionally low latencies of 250 nanoseconds (ns) or less for all workloads. That includes unicast and multicast, and Layer 2 and 3, regardless of the features applied.
Among other benefits:
- Warp mode can further reduce latency to 190 ns for small-to-midsize Layer 2 and 3 deployments.
- Warp SPAN helps enables stock market data delivery to trading servers in as little as 50 ns.
- Active Buffer Monitoring helps you take advantage of market volatility and handle micro bursts.
- Technology supports Network Address Translation (NAT) for trade execution on any venue, without a latency penalty.
- Embedded Remote SPAN with nanosecond timestamps helps you monitor your traffic with unparalleled precision.
Comprehensive Feature Set with Cisco NX-OS
The Cisco Nexus 3524 is powered by the data-center-class Cisco NX-OS operating system. Features include:
- Full-featured unicast protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP
- Multicast protocols include PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, and MSDP
- Full support for access control lists (ACLs; port, VLAN, and routed) and quality of service (QoS; queueing and marking)
- Full support for troubleshooting tools such as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Ethanalyzer
- Switch management by Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
Ports & interfaces Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity 24 Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) Gigabit Ethernet (copper) ports quantity 2 SFP+ module slots quantity 24 Console port RS-232 USB 2.0 ports quantity 1 Networking Networking standards IEEE 802.1D,IEEE 802.1p,IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.1s,IEEE 802.1w,IEEE 802.1x,IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3ad,IEEE 802.3ae,IEEE 802.3u,IEEE 802.3z 10G support Y IP routing Y Link aggregation Y Spanning tree protocol Y VLAN support Y Number of VLANs 4096 Power Number of power supply units 2 AC input voltage 100 - 240 V AC input frequency 50 - 60 Hz Power consumption (typical) 265 W Operational conditions Operating temperature (T-T) 0 - 40 °C Storage temperature (T-T) -40 - 70 °C Operating relative humidity (H-H) 10 - 85% Storage relative humidity (H-H) 5 - 95% Operating altitude 0 - 3000 m Heat dissipation 904 BTU/h Weight & dimensions Width 439 mm Depth 467 mm Height 43.6 mm Weight 7.9 kg Security Access Control List (ACL) Y Data transmission MAC address table 64000 entries Switching capacity 480 Gbit/s Throughput 360 Mpps Jumbo frames support Y Packet buffer memory 18 MB Management features Switch type Managed Switch layer L2/L3 Web-based management Y Protocols Management protocols SSHv2, SNMP v1/v2/v3, RADIUS, TACACS+ Supported network protocols IPv4, IPv6 Power over Ethernet (PoE) Power over Ethernet (PoE) N Design Rack mounting Y Product colour Grey Form factor 1U Performance Flash memory 2048 MB Mean time between failures (MTBF) 317030 h
- Related Product