The VPN Advanced Integration Module (AIM) for the Cisco Integrated Services Routers optimizes the Cisco Integrated Services Router platforms for virtual private networks in both IP Security (IPSec) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Web and VPN deployments.
The Cisco VPN and SSL AIM provides up to 40 percent better performance for IPsec VPN over the built-in IPsec encryption, and up to twice the performance for SSL Web VPN encryption. The Cisco VPN and SSL AIM supports all three of these functions in hardware: SSL encryption in hardware, VPN IPsec encryption in hardware using either Data Encryption Standard (DES) or Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), and the IP Payload Compression Protocol (IPPCP) in hardware. Cisco Integrated Services Routers with the Cisco VPN and SSL AIM are ideal for use in small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and small and large enterprise branch offices to connect remote offices, mobile users, and partner extranets. Cisco Integrated Services Routers offer the flexibility to deploy both IPsec and SSL VPN in a single-device solution, thus reducing the total cost of ownership, unlike other vendors' products requiring multiple devices and management systems. In addition, the Cisco VPN and SSL AIM are designed for service providers, offering highly scalable managed security services with zero-touch deployment ease.Features:
• Modules accelerate IPsec at speeds suitable for multiple full-duplex T1/E1.
• Modules implement 3DES or DES for data protection in hardware.
• Modules support Rivest, Shamir, and Adelman algorithm (RSA) signatures and Diffie-Hellman for authentication.
• Modules use Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA-1) or Message Digest 5 (MD5) hashing algorithms for data integrity.
• Cisco AIM-VPN/BPII-PLUS, AIM-VPN/EPII-PLUS, and AIM-VPN/HPII-PLUS add hardware support optimized for all primary AES configurations (AES128, AES192, and AES256) and Layer 3 (IPPCP) compression.
• New Cisco AIM-VPN/SSL Series cards support all of the features of the previous cards and also add SSL VPN termination, IPv6 IPsec acceleration using virtual tunnel interfaces (VTI), and Cisco IOS Secure Multicast, also known as GDOI.