DetailsThe Cisco® Aironet® 2700 Series delivers the most advanced features in its class including integrated 802.11ac support ideal for adding capacity and coverage for dense indoor environments. The Aironet 2700 Series extends 802.11ac speed and features to a new generation of smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops that are enabled with the faster, 802.11ac Wi-Fi radios.
The Aironet 2700 series supports 802.11ac “Wave 1” implementation that provides a theoretical connection rate of up to 1.3 Gbps. That’s roughly triple the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11n APs. The boost helps you stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations of today’s mobile worker, who usually uses multiple Wi-Fi devices instead of just one. As such, users are adding proportionally larger traffic loads to the wireless LAN, which has outpaced Ethernet as the default enterprise access network.
High Density Experience (HDX).
Building on the Cisco Aironet heritage of RF excellence, the 2700 Series APs run on a purpose-built, innovative chipset with a best-in-class RF architecture. This chipset provides a high-density experience for enterprise networks designed for mission-critical, high-performance applications. The 2700 is a component of a Cisco series of flagship, 802.11ac-enabled Access Points that delivers a robust mobility experience based on the following product features:
- 802.11ac with 3x4 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology supporting three spatial streams. This architecture offers a sustained 1.3-Gbps rates over a greater range for more capacity and reliability than competing Access Points.
- Cross-AP Noise Reduction, a Cisco innovation that enables Access Points to intelligently collaborate in real time about RF conditions so that users connect with optimized signal quality and performance.
- Optimized AP Roaming to ensure that client devices associate with the Access Point in their coverage range that offers the fastest data rate available.
- Cisco ClientLink 3.0 technology to improve downlink performance to all mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11ac. At the same time, the technology improves battery life on mobile devices.
- Cisco CleanAir technology enhanced with 80MHz channel support. CleanAir delivers proactive, high-speed spectrum intelligence across 20-, 40-, and 80-MHz-wide channels to combat performance problems due to wireless interference.
- MIMO equalization capabilities, which optimize uplink performance and reliability by reducing the impact of signal fade.
The Cisco Aironet 2700 Series sustains higher-speed connections farther from the AP than competing solutions. The result is up to three times greater availability of 1.3-Gbps rates in the Cisco environment for optimum mobile device performance and user experiences. It has been created specifically to take advantage of all the new speed and function of the latest Wi-Fi technology standard but at a price point that lets you ease into 802.11ac networking.
The Cisco Aironet 2700 Series is a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, a foundation for operating both wired and wireless LANs in an integrated manner. The Unified Wireless Network can scale to as many as 18,000 APs with full Layer-3 mobility across locations on the enterprise campus, in branch offices, and at remote sites. The Cisco Unified Wireless Network delivers highly secure access to mobility services and applications. It offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and investment protection by integrating smoothly with existing wired networks.
Operational conditions Operating relative humidity (H-H) 10 - 90% Operating temperature (T-T) -20 - 50 °C Storage temperature (T-T) -30 - 70 °C Weight & dimensions Width 221 mm Depth 221 mm Height 54 mm Weight 1.13 kg Ports & interfaces Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports 3 WAN connection Ethernet (RJ-45) DC-in jack Y Power Power over Ethernet (PoE) Y Input voltage 100 - 240 V Input frequency 50/60 Hz Power consumption (typical) 15 W Security Security algorithms EAP,EAP-TLS,EAP-TTLS,PEAP,TKIP,WPA,WPA2 Design Product colour White Internal N LED indicators Y Performance MIMO type Multi User MIMO Maximum data transfer rate 1300 Mbit/s 2.4 GHz Y 5 GHz Y Networking standards IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11ac,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11h,IEEE 802.11i,IEEE 802.11n,IEEE 802.1x,IEEE 802.3at Ethernet LAN data rates 10,100,1000 Mbit/s Wi-Fi data rate (max) 1300 Mbit/s Frequency band 2.4, 5 GHz MIMO Y Flash memory 64 MB Internal memory 512 MB Channels quantity 13 channels Web-based management N Certification UL 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, UL 2043, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, EN 50155 Software Maximal-Ratio Combining (MRC) Y Cyclic Shift Diversity (CSD) Y Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) Y
- Related Product