The Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971 is an advanced collaborative media endpoint that provides voice, video, applications, and accessories. Highlights include interactive multiparty video, high-resolution color touchscreen display, High-definition voice (HD voice), desktop Wi-Fi connectivity, Gigabit Ethernet and a new ergonomic design and user interface designed for simplicity and high usability. Accessories, sold separately, include the Cisco Unified Video Camera and the Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Module.
Features and Benefits
Key attributes of the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971 include:
- Newly developed ergonomic design and user experience designed specifically for use with the high-resolution, VGA, graphical, backlit, anti-glare, color touchscreen display
- H.264 video support for two-way standard-definition calling with USB support for the Cisco Unified Video Camera (Note: Multiparty video communications supported with Multipoint Control Unit)
- Choice of 802.11 a/b/g desktop Wi-Fi connectivity or Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity and switch port available for a downstream PC
- Embedded Bluetooth radio and 2 USB ports for added freedom and convenience, with support for both wireless and wired headsets
- Firmware support for XML and MIDlet-enabled applications
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971.
Display Touchscreen Y Display resolution 640 x 480 pixels Display diagonal 14.2 cm (5.6") Phone features Caller ID Y Call waiting Y Distinctive ring Y Speed dialing Y Intercom Y Call hold Y Call forwarding Y Conference call Y Redialing Y Do not disturb function N On-hook dialing N Certificates Compliance industry standards IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11d, IEEE 802.1X, IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.11h Operational conditions Operating temperature (T-T) -5 - 55 °C Operating relative humidity (H-H) 5 - 90% Storage relative humidity (H-H) 5 - 90% Storage temperature (T-T) -25 - 70 °C Weight & dimensions Weight 1.63 kg Package weight 2.07 kg Power Power over Ethernet (PoE) Y Ports & interfaces Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports 2 USB 2.0 ports quantity 2 RJ-9 ports quantity 1 Headphone outputs 1 Networking Ethernet LAN Y Bluetooth Y Supported network protocols DHCP, TFTP, SRTP, TLS, RTCP Quality of Service (QoS) support Y DHCP client Y Syslog Y Audio Speakerphone Y Microphone mute Y Voice codecs G.711a,G.722,G.729a Video Video codecs H.264/AVC Video capturing speed 30 fps Video capture resolution (max) 640 x 480 pixels Security Security algorithms 128-bit WEP,WPA,WPA-AES,WPA-TKIP,WPA2 Other features Dimensions (WxDxH) 262.5 x 39.7 x 234 mm Features Product colour White Expansion module support Y Keypad number of keys 12
- Related Product